Date: May 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire / Remote (hybrid working model)
Salary: up to £25k DOE, with great progression potential for the right candidate
The Web Designer Developer role forms an integral part of our development team. The dual role aspect reflects your ability to create rich, accessible and engaging web site designs, along with a development acumen to build what you design in HTML and CSS. Flair is key as you collaborate with our existing designer to push boundaries on new projects, supported by a team of existing front and back-end developers.
This role is ideal for a talented web designer with a proven track record delivering high quality web projects. You will have an aptitude for problem solving, understand what it takes to design for multiple devices and screen sizes, experience of the latest web design and development technologies and have a passion for continuous learning.
As a web designer developer at Meta, you'll be working on innovative projects alongside our existing development and digital marketing experts. From the outset you will be driving standards and innovation.
Having the right people is really important. Cooperation and collaboration within the team is key, allowing us to work together to get the job done. Our partners want the best and we’re always innovating to exceed their expectations. We work hard, but also play hard, and strive to produce the best results in all aspects of our work be it design or code.Chris Gill, Head of Development, Meta
If you think this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Design and build a range of brochure, dynamic and eCommerce websites
- Be able to design for multiple devices and screen sizes
- Have an eye for design and creativity
- Know how to keep production assets optimised for reduced page load
- Develop using HTML and CSS
- Attend client briefings and web development meetings
- Understand a client’s requirements and bring them to life in your designs
- Assist in managing the development of a project from inception to go-live and beyond
Relevant qualification / degree or significant industry experience, but we're more interested in the quality of your experience than exact timing.
- Proven experience of designing for the web
- Good understanding of UI/UX processes and best practices
- Development experience using latest HTML and CSS techniques
- Familiarity with version control and Git
- Excellent organisation and attention-to-detail
- Good task management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience working to a client brief
- Experience working within a digital / eCommerce agency
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Shopify, Umbraco or WordPress
What we'll offer
- Friday afternoons off – work hard, play hard. Start every weekend early with a 12.30pm finish
- Up to 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – combined with your early finish Friday, that's up to 58 days off per year!
- Hybrid working model – because life isn't rigid, we're not either. To achieve a healthy work/life balance, we operate a hybrid working model allowing you to work from the office and remotely inline with business needs
- Meta profit share – promoting shared stewardship with the herd
- A top of the range laptop and equipment required to fulfil your role, wherever you're working
- In-house and external training including opportunities to attend the best industry conferences and training events each year
- Herd member of the month as voted by your peers to celebrate success and recognise achievements with a cheeky shopping voucher reward!
- Regular socials and a monthly free lunch outing with the herd
- Hump day coffee – midweek coffee catch-up, the only rule is 'no work chat'
- Fizz Friday – on the last Friday of every month, reflect on 'herd wins' with a tipple of your choice
- Unlimited amounts of Yorkshire tea
Who we employ
- The energetic: you buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
- The trail blazers: you think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
- The determined: you see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the herd focussed on the end goal
- The brave: you speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
- The matriarchs: you nurture and lead the herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change
Here at Meta, we specialise in Shopify eCommerce websites and performance marketing. Our herd is highly skilled and works on trusted brands across the UK and beyond. Our thirst for performance is the key to our success.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to become the leading Shopify agency in the UK for eCommerce and performance marketing.
Our environment: our team are based in our head office in Hessle which has been recently refurbished into a collaborative, open plan environment. We have a great view of the Humber Bridge and being just off the A63 makes commuting easy.
Our team: our growing team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging and fun environment to be part of.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We're here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together with highlights such as employee of the month and company bonus scheme.
We have a busy social calendar, there's always something happening with organised events, with the first Wednesday of every month reserved for Meta staff lunch. For any budding bakers, you'll even get chance to take part in our theme days.
Getting our work/life balance right is important – as such we finish at 12:30pm on Fridays, with the occasional trip to the local pub to start the weekend.
Our herd values & behaviours
One herd: shared goals / work in partnership / achieve your potential
Sparkle & shine: can-do attitude / inspiring & motivating / transformational change
Walk the walk: keep it simple / do what you say / under promise, over deliver
Growing giants: be brave / dare to lead / create a lasting legacy
Good vibes only: keep it real / act with integrity / be the difference you want to see
Ready to join our herd?
Now is a great time to join our expanding team.
If you're the perfect fit for our herd, we'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.