Date: June 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire / Remote (hybrid working model)
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience, with great progression potential for the right candidate
This role is ideal for ambitious individuals looking to produce show stopping social media and paid content for not only our partners but for our agency brand too.
you be responsible for delivering engaging paid and organic social content helping to grow the channel working as part of search team creating new innovative strategies keep up to date with industry.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast paced digital agency, and will be passionate about delivering a high standard of work. You will also be able to deliver other paid and organic search channels where required as part of your role in the herd.
We want someone who’s not afraid of pushing the boundaries to create viral content, a confident communicator in a client facing role and someone who is committed to going above and beyond.
In this role, you will:
- Manage social media platforms, being responsible for both paid and organic activity
- Produce monthly content plans, targeting relevant themes
- Create and/or source eye catching graphics and videos to implement on social channels
- Engage in community management, growing the channels and building brand awareness
- Source and engage with social media influencers
- Use social listening to spot opportunities to react to trending conversations, news stories, monitoring brand mentions
- Drive social channels organically, driving engagement with posts and content, creating unique opportunities for customers to engage with brands
- Collaborate in the creation and presentation of paid and social media strategies that are in line with and exceed our partners objectives
- Analyse performance of paid and social media channels and seek new opportunities
- Stay up to date with social media best practice, implementing changes where required
- Client management experience preferred as you will also manage and retain all assigned partners
- Understand the needs of individual sectors to ensure optimal performance
- Monitor and optimise existing campaigns to ensure they align with our partners' business objectives
- Provide accurate and insightful reports based on social media performance
- Forecast and calculate projected results of campaigns
- Talk confidently to our partners demonstrating your expertise in the field
Relevant qualification such as Marketing, PR, English, etc.
- 1-2 years' experience in a digital marketing specific role including paid and organic social and paid search
- Proven track record working as part of a team but also independently with the ability to manage your own workload
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and effectively
- Support with additional paid media channels when required
- Confident communicator with excellent written skills and attention to detail
- Highly creative with an appetite for out-of-the-box ideas
- Experience in writing for different purposes, formats and audiences
- Passion and enthusiasm to learn more about the industry and stay up to date with the latest trends
- Proactive and reliable, with strong organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Expert knowledge with relevant social media tools/platforms
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong business writing skills and ability to produce high quality reports
- Knowledge and experience delivering paid social activity
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with graphic design tools such as Photoshop
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Ads, SEMRush and social listening tools with the ability to analyse their data
- Knowledge of Shopify would be advantageous
What we'll offer
- Friday afternoons off – work hard, play hard. Start every weekend early with a 12.30pm finish
- Up to 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – combined with your early finish Friday, that's up to 58 days off per year!
- Hybrid working model – because life isn't rigid, we're not either. To achieve a healthy work/life balance, we operate a hybrid working model allowing you to work from the office and remotely inline with business needs
- Meta profit share – promoting shared stewardship with the herd
- A top of the range laptop and equipment required to fulfil your role from wherever you're working
- In-house and external training including opportunities to attend the best industry conferences and training events each year
- Herd member of the month as voted by your peers to celebrate success and recognise achievements with a cheeky shopping voucher reward!
- Regular socials and a monthly free lunch outing with the herd
- Hump day coffee – midweek coffee catch-up, the only rule is 'no work chat'
- Fizz Friday – on the last Friday of every month, reflect on 'herd wins' with a tipple of your choice
- Unlimited amounts of Yorkshire tea
Who we employ
- The energetic: you buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
- The trail blazers: you think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
- The determined: you see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the herd focussed on the end goal
- The brave: you speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
- The matriarchs: you nurture and lead the herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change
Here at Meta, we specialise in Shopify eCommerce websites and performance marketing. Our herd is highly skilled and works on trusted brands across the UK and beyond. Our thirst for performance is the key to our success.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to become the leading Shopify agency in the UK for eCommerce and performance marketing.
Our environment: our team are based in our head office in Hessle which has been recently refurbished into a collaborative, open plan environment. We have a great view of the Humber Bridge and being just off the A63 makes commuting easy.
Our Herd: our growing team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging and fun environment to be part of.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We're here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together with highlights such as employee of the month and company profit share.
We have a busy social calendar, there's always something happening with organised events, with the first Wednesday of every month reserved for Meta staff lunch. For any budding bakers, you'll even get chance to take part in our theme days.
Getting our work/life balance right is important – as such we finish at 12:30pm on Fridays, with the occasional trip to the local pub to start the weekend.
Our herd values & behaviours
One herd: shared goals / work in partnership / achieve your potential
Sparkle & shine: can-do attitude / inspiring & motivating / transformational change
Walk the walk: keep it simple / do what you say / under promise, over deliver
Growing giants: be brave / dare to lead / create a lasting legacy
Good vibes only: keep it real / act with integrity / be the difference you want to see
Ready to join our herd?
Now is a great time to join our expanding team.
If you're the perfect fit for our herd, we'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.