Date: March 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience, with great progression potential for the right candidate
The Head of Marketing role is ideal for an ambitious individual looking to direct and grow our marketing channels across the business. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ industry experience and a proven track record leading a team of marketing professionals in a fast paced digital agency environment.
You’re an excellent communicator with a passion for collaborative working, always bringing new ideas to the table to push boundaries and exceed expectations. Your organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to build and develop strong relationships with our existing herd and our clients is second to none. You get stuck in, no job is beneath you, setting a great example to our herd.
You will push the business forwards through existing and new revenue streams.
In this role, you will:
- Lead/delegate the day-to-day running of the marketing department
- Be part of the senior leadership team, reporting to the company Director’s
- Contribute to the company direction via monthly SLT meetings
- Liaise with other Heads of Departments, sharing marketing department initiatives and updates on performance
- Provide key updates regularly to the whole team on team and company performance
- Identify, highlight and deliver key growth opportunities for the business
- Manage existing sentiment and retention, maintaining solid working relationships with strategic partners (clients)
- Provide new business support – this will range from responding to tenders/pitches, to leading client calls/pitches on site
- Drive the company’s marketing strategy, leading our monthly/quarterly/annual marketing plans
- Champion our brand, leading on raising awareness and maintaining brand consistency
- Drive forward the Meta brand
- Support others with marketing/branding best practice and promote these principles
- Lead senior herd members, helping them grow to be the best they can be through regular 121’s, coaching and support
- Mentor junior herd members, inspiring and motivating them to develop to push forward their career
- Manage capacity planning to deliver projects on time
- Oversee recruitment to ensure we have the skilled herd we need
- Live and breathe our culture, encouraging staff engagement with all People and Culture initiatives
- Role model our core values and behaviours, leading by example and proactively managing the behaviour of others
- Support marketing team colleagues with delivery where required
Relevant qualification, degree or significant industry experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a marketing and communications role, but we're more interested in the quality of your experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record managing and leading people and teams
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and effectively
- Confident communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisation and attention-to-detail
- Dedication to helping build the brand
- Knowledge of all digital channels including PPC, SEO, email, PR, social (organic & paid), CRO, and content marketing
- Speak an additional language
- Experience with Shopify
What we'll offer
You will receive a combination of the following:
- Friday afternoons off – equating to an additional 22 days holiday per year
- Heaps of training including opportunities to attend several events a year
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular socials and a monthly free lunch (COVID-19 permitting)
- A top of the range laptop with all the mod-cons
- Unlimited amounts of Yorkshire tea
Who we employ
- The energetic: You buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
- The trail blazers: You think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
- The determined: You see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the herd focussed on the end goal
- The brave: You speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
- The matriarchs: You nurture and lead the herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change.
Here at Meta, we specialise in Shopify eCommerce websites and performance marketing. Our herd is highly skilled and works on trusted brands across the UK and beyond. Our thirst for performance is the key to our success.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to become the leading Shopify agency in the UK for eCommerce and performance marketing.
Our environment: our team are based in our head office in Hessle which has been recently refurbished into a collaborative, open plan environment. We have a great view of the Humber Bridge and being just off the A63 makes commuting easy.
Our team: composed of 17 amazing individuals, our team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging and fun environment.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We’re here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together with highlights such as employee of the month and company bonus scheme.
We have a busy social calendar, there’s always something happening with organised events, with the first Wednesday of every month reserved for Meta staff lunch. For any budding bakers, you’ll even get chance to take part in our theme days.
Getting our work/life balance right is important – as such we finish at 12:30pm on Fridays, with the occasional trip to the local pub to start the weekend.
Our herd values & behaviours
One herd: shared goals / work in partnership / achieve your potential
Sparkle & shine: can-do attitude / inspiring & motivating / transformational change
Walk the walk: keep it simple / do what you say / under promise, over deliver
Growing giants: be brave / dare to lead / create a lasting legacy
Good vibes only: keep it real / act with integrity / be the difference you want to see
Ready to join our herd?
Now is a great time to join our expanding team.
If you’re the perfect fit for our herd, we’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.