Date: January 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire / Hybrid (Office & Remote)
Salary: up to £28k DOE, with great progression potential for the right candidate
The Full Stack Developer role forms a key part of our expanding development team.
Working alongside our existing designers and developers, your valuable skills and insight will be required at various touch points of a project's life span – from initial meetings and design feedback, to delivery, maintenance and support. You will have the foresight and experience to be able to contribute and influence a project at each of these points.
You have a proven track record in both frontend and backend technologies and can help shape the choices on which technologies should be utilised for any given project. The desire to maintain a level of knowledge across these areas is crucial and places you firmly on the cutting-edge. This allows you to be instrumental in shaping which new technologies and specifications are adopted into the team, and only when the time is right (the tech is mature enough to use in production).
You are proficient in web standards and apply them to your work, maintaining a high standard across the team. You encourage the use of common coding patterns and paradigms, helping to maintain a high level of code quality across all of our work.
Accessibility is more than just a box ticking exercise for you. You advocate the importance of creating accessible products for the web and strive to deliver them.
As a key member of development team at Meta, you'll be working on innovative projects and collaborating with our in-house digital marketing and SEO experts. From the outset you will be driving standards and innovation.
Having the right people is really important. Cooperation and collaboration within the team is key, allowing us to work together to get the job done. Our partners want the best and we’re always innovating to exceed their expectations. We work hard, but also play hard, and strive to produce the best results in all aspects of our work be it design or code.Chris Gill, Head of Development, Meta
If you think this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Attend client briefings and web development meetings
- Understand a client’s requirements and bring them to life
- Build a range of dynamic and eCommerce websites
- Develop for multiple devices and screen sizes
- Maintain a high-level of knowledge and understanding across both frontend and backend technologies
Relevant qualification / degree or significant industry experience, but we're more interested in the quality of your experience than exact timing. If you have a portfolio share this in your application.
- Experience of PHP and frameworks such as Laravel
- Familiarity with version control and Git
- Excellent organisation and attention-to-detail
- Experience working to a client brief
- Experience working within a digital / eCommerce agency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Shopify, Umbraco or WordPress
- Knowledge of the Liquid templating language
- Experience with NPM and Webpack
What we'll offer
- Friday afternoons off – work hard, play hard. Start every weekend early with a 12.30pm finish
- Up to 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – combined with your early finish Friday, that's up to 58 days off per year!
- Hybrid working model – because life isn't rigid, we're not either. To achieve a healthy work/life balance, we operate a hybrid working model allowing you to work from the office and remotely inline with business needs
- Meta profit share – promoting shared stewardship with the herd
- A top of the range laptop and equipment required to fulfil your role, wherever you're working
- In-house and external training including opportunities to attend the best industry conferences and training events each year
- Herd member of the month as voted by your peers to celebrate success and recognise achievements with a cheeky shopping voucher reward!
- Regular socials and a monthly free lunch outing with the herd
- Hump day coffee – midweek coffee catch-up, the only rule is 'no work chat'
- Fizz Friday – on the last Friday of every month, reflect on 'herd wins' with a tipple of your choice
- Unlimited amounts of Yorkshire tea
Who we employ
- The energetic: you buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
- The trail blazers: you think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
- The determined: you see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the herd focussed on the end goal
- The brave: you speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
- The matriarchs: you nurture and lead the herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change
Here at Meta, we specialise in Shopify eCommerce websites and performance marketing. Our herd is highly skilled and works on trusted brands across the UK and beyond. Our thirst for performance is the key to our success.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to become the leading Shopify agency in the UK for eCommerce and performance marketing.
Our environment: our team are based in our head office in Hessle which has been recently refurbished into a collaborative, open plan environment. We have a great view of the Humber Bridge and being just off the A63 makes commuting easy.
Our team: our growing team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging and fun environment to be part of.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We're here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together with highlights such as employee of the month and company bonus scheme.
We have a busy social calendar, there's always something happening with organised events, with the first Wednesday of every month reserved for Meta staff lunch. For any budding bakers, you'll even get chance to take part in our theme days.
Getting our work/life balance right is important – as such we finish at 12:30pm on Fridays, with the occasional trip to the local pub to start the weekend.
Our herd values & behaviours
One herd: shared goals / work in partnership / achieve your potential
Sparkle & shine: can-do attitude / inspiring & motivating / transformational change
Walk the walk: keep it simple / do what you say / under promise, over deliver
Growing giants: be brave / dare to lead / create a lasting legacy
Good vibes only: keep it real / act with integrity / be the difference you want to see
Ready to join our herd?
Now is a great time to join our expanding team.
If you're the perfect fit for our herd, we'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.