Date: June 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire / Remote (hybrid working model)
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience, with great progression potential for the right candidate
The Content Strategist position is the ideal role for an ambitious individual already working in a strategic content management role with 3+ years’ industry experience. You have a proven track record leading and delivering content strategies for clients in a fast paced digital agency environment.
You will be managing and delivering content strategies for our partners and Meta, as well as sharing your knowledge when mentoring other team members.
A creative and strategic thinker, the ideal candidate will have had experience working in a digital agency, and will be passionate about delivering a high standard of work.
We want someone who’s not afraid of pushing the boundaries, a confident communicator in a client facing role and someone who is committed to going above and beyond.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and lead on content strategies for both our client partners and our agency
- Develop and manage partners’ proactive and reactive editorial calendars to ensure timely publication, and to achieve partner objectives
- Identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics using insights, collaborating with our client partners and fellow herd members
- Research, design and produce high quality content to drive traffic and engagement from organic search understanding how data and analytics can be used to shape content strategy
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to further develop channel synergy, producing best in class strategy and delivery across organic platforms
- Conduct advanced keyword research and utilise analytics to identify both content channel and partnership development opportunities
- Be a channel expert, contributing and leading on new partnership proposals and development of our current client partner portfolio
- Be a source of insight, producing content audits and recommendations, creating reports and leading on partner delivery and communications
- Identify, highlight and propose key growth opportunities for partners
- Stay up to date on best practice, news and search engine updates to ensure we are always adding value
- Understand the needs of individual sectors to ensure optimal performance
- Be able to demonstrate your multi-channel understanding to deliver the best ongoing solutions for our partners
- Inspire the herd as a thought leader and be responsible for mentoring fellow herd members
Relevant qualification, degree or significant industry experience.
- At least 3 years' experience in an Content Strategy role
- Comprehensive delivery of all responsibilities
- Thorough understanding of search engine optimisation principles, content strategy, the latest techniques and knowledge of content management platforms
- Proven track record delivering content strategies for clients
- Adept in carrying out content audits and recommendations
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent client management skills
- Able to liaise effectively with other teams
- An appetite to learn and develop, continually expanding your content, and digital marketing knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms such as Magento, Shopify
- Have experience with content platforms such as WordPress and Umbraco
- Strong business writing skills and ability to produce high quality reports
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Search Console, SEM Rush, and ability to utilise their data
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Speak an additional language
What we'll offer
- Friday afternoons off – work hard, play hard. Start every weekend early with a 12.30pm finish
- Up to 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – combined with your early finish Friday, that's up to 58 days off per year!
- Hybrid working model – because life isn't rigid, we're not either. To achieve a healthy work/life balance, we operate a hybrid working model allowing you to work from the office and remotely inline with business needs
- Meta profit share – promoting shared stewardship with the herd
- A top of the range laptop and equipment required to fulfil your role, wherever you're working
- In-house and external training including opportunities to attend the best industry conferences and training events each year
- Herd member of the month as voted by your peers to celebrate success and recognise achievements with a cheeky shopping voucher reward!
- Regular socials and a monthly free lunch outing with the herd
- Hump day coffee – midweek coffee catch-up, the only rule is 'no work chat'
- Fizz Friday – on the last Friday of every month, reflect on 'herd wins' with a tipple of your choice
- Unlimited amounts of Yorkshire tea
Who we employ
- The energetic: you buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
- The trail blazers: you think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
- The determined: you see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the herd focussed on the end goal
- The brave: you speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
- The matriarchs: you nurture and lead the herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change
Here at Meta, we specialise in Shopify eCommerce websites and performance marketing. Our herd is highly skilled and works on trusted brands across the UK and beyond. Our thirst for performance is the key to our success.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to become the leading Shopify agency in the UK for eCommerce and performance marketing.
Our environment: our team are based in our head office in Hessle which has been recently refurbished into a collaborative, open plan environment. We have a great view of the Humber Bridge and being just off the A63 makes commuting easy.
Our team: our growing team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging and fun environment to be part of.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We're here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together with highlights such as employee of the month and company profit share.
We have a busy social calendar, there's always something happening with organised events, with the first Wednesday of every month reserved for Meta staff lunch. For any budding bakers, you'll even get chance to take part in our theme days.
Getting our work/life balance right is important – as such we finish at 12:30pm on Fridays, with the occasional trip to the local pub to start the weekend.
Our herd values & behaviours
One herd: shared goals / work in partnership / achieve your potential
Sparkle & shine: can-do attitude / inspiring & motivating / transformational change
Walk the walk: keep it simple / do what you say / under promise, over deliver
Growing giants: be brave / dare to lead / create a lasting legacy
Good vibes only: keep it real / act with integrity / be the difference you want to see
Ready to join our herd?
Now is a great time to join our expanding team.
If you're the perfect fit for our herd, we'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.