On the 9th September, this years DADI award nominations were announced by @dadiawards on Twitter. We've been eagerly anticipating the nominations and have been shortlisted in the Use of Organic Search (SEO) category for our work with WED2B.
What are the DADI Awards?
The DADIs (The Drum Awards for the Digital Industries) celebrate the best in Digital Marketing in the UK over the past 12 months. The winner of each category will be announced at the awards ceremony which takes place on Wednesday 19th October 2017, Park Plaza, Westminster Bridge.
Meta's Nomination: Use of Organic Search (SEO)
This is our first DADI awards nomination and our search team have been shortlisted in the Use of Organic Search (SEO) category for their outstanding work on WED2B which has led to huge organic improvements. Read about our submission below.
Meta & high-street challenger brand WED2B shake up organic bridal landscape
WED2B, the UK's largest chain of bridal stores, appointed Meta in October ‘16 to help achieve top organic search positions for competitive keywords like “wedding dresses”.
- Achieved position 1 organic ranking for “wedding dresses” from outside the top 30 positions within 9 months
- Outranked companies such as David's Bridal, who operate 300 stores in the US, UK and Canada, high street retailers Debenhams, and pure-play giant ASOS
- Increased organic traffic by 190% YTD (January to 15th July ‘16 vs. January to 15th July ‘17)
- First-page organic rankings increased from 34 to 209 out of 539 target keywords (from the campaign start date to Jul ‘17)
WED2B wanted to rank highly for relevant keywords as the UK's largest bridal retailer with 26 stores, but were making slow progress. In a crowded sector, WED2B were unable to achieve organic visibility that matched their offline presence.
- Technical Issues - addressing key issues and supporting the re-platform migration
- Server - moving to a resilient hosting environment that future-proofs the website for growth
- Local Search - establishing WED2B's store presence through Google My Business optimisation, building store citations and providing local search data to help prioritise on-going store openings and re-fits
- Competing Websites - consolidating WED2B's properties, such as Wedding Dress Factory Outlet, with the main website
- Media Relations - focusing on brand exposure and high-quality coverage based upon competitor link analysis to identify opportunities to grow online and offline brand visibility
As an agency, we've learnt a lot from our first DADIs submission. It's taken a lot of work from both Meta and our client WED2B to run a successful campaign that is worthy of this nomination. It's great to receive recognition for an industry-leading SEO campaign.